Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend Recap

I feel like I'm getting a little too comfortable with my credit cards. It's never to the point where I can't or don't pay them off at the end of the month but my cards have statement end dates that fall evenly spaced throughout the month so I can kind of leverage spending and payments - not good! I do try to put as many purchases as possible on my cards for rewards and simplifying my budget but I'm really going to work on keeping my charges on them to just what I would pay with cash. Part of the reason leveraging my payments has been so easy is that my rent goes on one of my cards and then my roommate writes me a check. After I move, that won't be the case so I'll have to change my routine of allocating my paychecks to rent and student loans. Once I figure out the switch, it won't be a problem and I think it will be a good opportunity to start fresh with keeping my credit card spending on track. However, I am a little worried about keeping my budget on track with the summer coming up. I know with the nice weather coming (it's not here quite yet!) the opportunities for going out (i.e. spending money) will be a lot more plentiful than they have been over the past few months. I am still going to aim to keep my student loan payoff schedule on track though. I really, really want to have those gone in September but that could be thrown off by my attempt to replenish my E-Fund after the blow it took from my security deposit.

No comments: